Sat, Mar 16|
Shamrockin' Irish Parade
Join the fun and shenanigans and join the Shamrockin' Irish Parade!
Time & Location
Mar 16, 2024, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Leesburg, S 5th St, Leesburg, FL 34748, USA
About the event
We are debuting Leesburg's first Irish Parade for Shamrockin' Fest! We invite you to join the ONLY Irish parade in Lake County! Promote your business, organization or event! Have a great time and be a part of something new.
We are seeking marching bands, veterans, social clubs, public safety organizations, businesses, organizations, and more to join the fun and celebrate a Shamrockin' good time!
Please read the rules and guidelines below.
The safety of parade participants and spectators is one of our primary concerns. Parade applicants are expected to obey the rules as determined by the Firefighter Charity of Central Florida’s sole discretion.
· Horses must have walking handlers in costume and Pooper Scoopers! During Line-up and throughout the Parade!
· Please clean up the staging area before going on parade route.
- No fireworks, pyrotechnics or silly string allowed on floats or Metallic Confetti.
· Floats may be pushed or pulled by hand, golf carts, riding mowers, 4-wheelers or yard tractors, cars or trucks.
· We do require that all cars, trucks and tow units be licensed and covered by vehicle insurance and driven by a licensed driver. No boxed Semi trailers, flat beds only.
· Carry in alcoholic beverages are NOT allowed in event area.
· Recommended float specifications are:
Maximum hight-12 feet -- Maximum width-10 feet -- Maximum length-50 feet
· Please remember that all entries have to be able to make a 90-degree turn.
· Understanding that a parade will have a multitude of spectators and that its primary purpose is to entertain, it is important that each participant keep this in mind when deciding on its theme.
· All units waive the rights of reproduction for all advertisements and other promotions.
· Corporate sponsorship for units is acceptable as long as each unit does not exceed two 3 foot by 5 foot signs with corporate sponsor’s names listed. You may have as many names on the sign as you wish, but all signage as well as unit must be in the “Spirit of St. Patrick’s Day.”
· Absolutely No entry will be allowed in the parade that is not decorated and lit in the “Spirit of St Patrick’s Day.”
· We do not allow political candidates or publicity of such, social issues or targeted special interest groups. By making an application entry, please understand the parade committee has final decision authority.
· Please keep in mind this is a family event and govern dress & actions accordingly. No Profanity!
· No items are permitted to be thrown from any entry in the parade.
· Performance routines must be limited to one minute
Hold Harmless and Indemnification
I hereby agree to INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, and HOLD HARMLESS the Firefighter Charity of Central Florida of these entities from and against any and all rights, actions, causes of action, suits, losses, damages, judgments, claims, claims of liabilities, cost and expenses of any kind as well as attorney’s fees and court costs at trial and on appeal, of whatsoever kind or nature to which these entities and individuals may be subjected to as a result of any death, personal injury or damage to property arising in any manner from my direct or indirect participation in the Shamrock Fest, including any such rights, actions, causes of action, suits, losses, damages, judgments, claims, and claims of liabilities arising out of or resulting from the negligence of these entities or any of their agents, servants, employees or any independent contractors acting on their behalf. I further agree that this Hold Harmless Agreement shall apply in the event I am disabled, injured, or incur disease of a temporary or permanent nature while participating in, or die as a result of participating in, this activity, regardless of the cause, including negligence of the above reference entities, their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors.
This Agreement has been delivered in the County of Lake, State of Florida and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Florida, and venue for any action arising from this agreement shall be Lake County, Florida. This Agreement may not be modified or amended nor shall any provision of it be waived except by a writing signed by the parties, and in the case of the City of Leesburg, approved by the Leesburg City Commission at a public meeting.
The undersigned further certifies that he/she is the responsible person referred to in the rules and that he/she is authorized.
1. To execute on behalf of the business, and
2. To execute legal process on behalf of the business.
I understand that I will not be allocated space until all of the above documentation is on file in the Fire Fighters Charity of Central Florida and any fees are paid in FULL. All fees are nonrefundable once location has been assigned.
Signed:________________________________________ Date: ________________
Phone Number: ____________________________________________
*Registered owner must sign form
· MAKE ALL FEES PAYABLE TO THE Firefighter Charity of Central Florida.
· Submit completed form to:
Firefighter Charity of Central Florida
2800 David Walker Dr, Ste 166
Eustis, FL 32726
Email at brian@firefightercharityCF.org